We need someone to manage our social eating space at the Princess Pavilion called the Falmouth Food Co-op Kitchen. We are looking for someone 4-5 days a week.
Falmouth Food Co-op is a community interest company started as a Food Hub selling groceries with the aim of making good food available to all and supporting local non-industrial farmers.
We then started a Kitchen to celebrate our community, hold social eating events and have delivered over 20,000 hot meals throughout the pandemic to those isolating and in need.
All of this is about creating a collective appetite for change, imagining a joyful future and empowering people to make it happen.
Our latest development has been setting up a social eating space at the Princess Pavilion in Falmouth. We are building this space with the help and influence of the community to provide tasty local delicious food on a pay what you can/ feel/ think basis to enable the whole community to be a part of a bright and welcoming hub in Falmouth.
As a member of the team at the FFC Kitchen you will be an integral part of the delivery of this message of collectivism and community.
Your role will be to manage staff as well as the operational running of the café and kitchen, making sure everyone has what they need to do their job well and work as part of a fun and friendly team.
Your role will include all of the following duties:
- Managing kitchen and cafe staff. Making sure all staff and volunteers are aware of their responsibilities and job roles and have what they need to do their job well to ensure the long term future of the café.
- Monthly rotas for kitchen, café and events staff.
- Managing cleaning and Covid safety front of house.
- Writing risk assessments and relevant safety and hygiene information for any events or operations happening at the Kitchen.
- Keeping track of stock levels in the café and relaying orders from the kitchen and front of house team to the FFC ordering team.
- Supervising and communicating with other kitchen and café staff as well as the kitchen project coordinator to ensure the café operates effectively.
- Working creatively as part of the team to develop the café space as a strong community hub within Falmouth, which is well known for its commitment to local produce and reducing food insecurity and social isolation.
We are looking for these qualities in a candidate:
- Experience in a managerial role, with the ability to coordinate staff effectively and fairly to promote a supportive and encouraging working environment.
- Ability to work very well as part of a team, communicate effectively between other employees and have an open mind as the project evolves.
- Experience of working in a busy café environment.
- Multi-tasking powers and flexibility.
- Have a strong sense of community spirit and belief in the message and vision of FFC.
- A passion for making local food accessible for all.
- Motivation to be a part of the development of the kitchen project as an asset to the local community.
Responsible to: The kitchen project coordinator, FFC board of directors and the success of the cause that you believe in!
Responsible for: All front of house and kitchen staff.
Salary: £11 an hour
- Part of creating and shaping a welcoming and accessible hub in Falmouth for local people of all backgrounds to access great local food.
- Being a member of a fun and friendly team with shared values.
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
To apply please send your CV along with a cover letter or cover video to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday the 9th August.