We need someone to coordinate our social eating space at the Princess Pavilion called the Falmouth Food Co-op Kitchen. We are looking for someone 2-3 days a week.
Falmouth Food Co-op is a community interest company started as a Food Hub selling groceries with the aim of making good food available to all and supporting local non-industrial farmers.
We then started a Kitchen to celebrate our community, hold social eating events and have delivered over 20,000 hot meals throughout the pandemic to those isolating and in need.
All of this is about creating a collective appetite for change, imagining a joyful future and empowering people to make it happen.
Our latest development has been setting up a social eating space at the Princess Pavilion in Falmouth. We are building this space with the help and influence of the community to provide tasty local delicious food on a pay what you can/ feel/ think basis to enable the whole community to be a part of a bright and welcoming hub in Falmouth.
As a member of the team at the FFC Kitchen you will be an integral part of the delivery of this message of collectivism and community.
A central point of contact for both staff, visitors and stakeholders to sign post, coordinate and facilitate the smooth running of the FFC Kitchen.
Being a point of call for any employee’s queries or concerns and a friendly face to welcome new people to the project. Open minded, strong initiative, practical, kind and patient with good organisational skills.
Your role will include all of the following duties:
- Being a central point of contact for staff and anyone wanting to be involved with the FFC Kitchen.
- Implementing the central FFC vision and vision of the Kitchen steering group.
- Coordinating the head chef and cafe manager at the Pavilion
- Engaging the community in the happenings and development of the project through broadcasting, working with other community groups and running outreach events and workshops.
- Working closely with the communications and marketing team to communicate about the Kitchen project.
- Working with the senior management team to create opportunities for collaboration with other FFC projects.
- Working with the Princess Pavilion management when coordinating events at the Kitchen such as feasts to ensure dates and event types are harmonious with other activities happening at the Princess pavilion.
- Feeding back events organised by others at the Pavilion to the cafe manager and head chef to make sure they are prepared for fluctuations in demand or can do special service for particular events in collaboration with the event organisers.
- Ensuring communications between café staff, FFC board of directors and Kitchen steering group are smooth so that everyone is up to date and feels their voice can be heard and their opinions or contributions are valued within the operations of FFC as a co-operative.
- Making sure that staff and volunteers have a clear understanding of the vision, mission and values of both FFC and the Kitchen project so that a clear picture is communicated to the public through advertising, posters, signage and word of mouth.
- Organising and coordinating events at the Kitchen such as feast events, workshops and talks.
We are looking for these qualities in a candidate:
- Have a strong sense of community spirit and belief in the message and vision of FFC.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, communicate effectively between other employees and have an open mind as the project evolves.
- A passion for making local food accessible for all.
- Multi-tasking powers and flexibility.
- Motivation and drive to be a part of the building of the Kitchen and bring this project to the community.
- Great communication skills and organisational capabilities.
- Someone who is friendly and happy to chat to visitors.
- Basic IT skills and knowledge of social media.
Responsible to: The FFC board of directors and the success of the cause that you believe in!
Salary: £11 an hour
- Part of creating and shaping a welcoming and accessible hub in Falmouth for local people of all backgrounds to access great local food.
- Being a member of a fun and friendly team with shared values.
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
To apply please send your CV along with a cover letter or cover video to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday the 16th August.