Part or full time positions available for experienced front of house staff to help run the new social eating space at the Princess Pavilion, Falmouth Food Co-op Kitchen.
2-5 days a week.
Falmouth Food Co-op is a community interest company started as a Food Hub selling groceries with the aim of making good food available to all and supporting local non-industrial farmers.
We then started a Kitchen to celebrate our community, hold social eating events and have delivered over 20,000 hot meals throughout the pandemic to those isolating and in need.
All of this is about creating a collective appetite for change, imagining a joyful future and empowering people to make it happen.
Our latest development has been setting up a social eating space at the Princess Pavilion in Falmouth. We are building this space with the help and influence of the community to provide tasty local delicious food on a pay what you can/ feel/ think basis to enable the whole community to be a part of a bright and welcoming hub in Falmouth.
As a member of the team at the Falmouth Food Co-op Kitchen you will be an integral part of the delivery of this message of collectivism and community spirit through the friendly and welcoming service you provide and way you work as part of a fun and smiley team.
Your role will include all of the following duties:
- Serving customers in the café from a menu of delicious local cakes, meals and drinks.
- Flexibility to help with kitchen food prep work when required.
- Maintaining high levels of hygiene and organisation in the café.
- Sustaining a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for visitors to the café through providing a smiley table service.
- Promoting the vision and mission that the Kitchen project holds as a community centred space through talking to customers about our values and how we operate as a café.
- Communicating with other staff as well as the café manager to ensure the café operates effectively.
- Working creatively as part of the team to develop the café space as a strong community hub within Falmouth, which is well known for its commitment to local produce and reducing food insecurity and social isolation.
We are looking for these qualities in a candidate:
- Friendly and approachable
- Ability to work well as part of a team, communicate effectively between other employees and have an open mind as the project evolves.
- Have a strong sense of community spirit and belief in the message and vision of FFC.
- Experience of working in a busy café environment.
- Multi-tasking powers and flexibility.
- A passion for making local food accessible for all and delivering the message of the Kitchen project through chatty and welcoming café service.
- Motivation to be a part of the development of the kitchen project as an asset to the local community.
Responsible to: The café manager and the success of the cause that you believe in!
Salary: £9.50 an hour
- Part of creating and shaping a welcoming and accessible hub in Falmouth for local people of all backgrounds to access great local food.
- Being a member of a fun and friendly team with shared values.
- Casual dress.
- On-site parking.
To apply please send your CV along with a cover letter or cover video to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday the 9th August.