Placing an order
A crowd-sourced, fully automated luxury collective cybernetic food ordering system: The latest piece of networked, abundantly and socially produced tech from SiliconFally™ is the “SPLIT AUTOMATOR INTERFACE”, better known as the Automator, Accumulator, Totaliser or simply, the Spread. Its function is to facilitate the collective ordering and splitting of bulk items. Enjoy!
- Sign up.
- Open the “FFC AUTOMATOR” Google sheet.
- Scroll down the “🏧Automator” sheet and choose a product that takes your fancy. The “shares” column indicates how many shares of an item must be bought before it can be ordered. The “taken” column displays how many shares have already been taken. To buy a share in an item, simply click the next available sharebox in the row corresponding to the product and type the beginning of your name and click on your name as it appears. To buy 2 shares, just do this again in the next cell to the right and so on.
- Completer Cells are shareboxes where a comrade/member has made the colour of their name turn ORANGE to indicate that they will be prepared to take the share in order to complete a product. Feel free to replace their name with your own and turn the text BACK TO BLACK.
- Sometimes there is limited availability of a certain product. Only put your name in white share boxes. Grey ones are unavailable and your name will be deleted.
- If a product has accrued sufficient order placements, a tick will appear in the “Order Status” column. This does not however prohibit comrades from putting oneself down for more shares as hopefully, if other people order as well, more can be ordered.
- You can view all the items you have successfully ordered in one of the “🛒” tabs. Here you can also see your potential and actual spend as products become successful.
- A final tip – the Automator has become a sprawling cybernetic monstrosity and can be hard to navigate. Try using the Ctrl + F search function to find what you are looking for.
- Come to the Dracaena Centre between 5 – 6pm Thursday week (9 days later) to collect your rations. The Dracaena Centre will be locked at 6pm so if you are unable to collect your order yourself please arrange for someone else to pick it up for you and make us aware before hand by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can put yourself down for delivery at the top of the Automator when you place your order.
- Remember to bring bags to take your shopping away with you, or alternatively bring a cardboard box to swap with ours.
The order deadlines and collection times will be communicated by email and are also available on the homepage of this website.
Adding new products from Essential Trading Co-operative
If you would like anything from the Essential Trading catalogue to be added to our list of products, please make a request by email or on the “Chit Chat” sheet, with the correct product code and we will add it for you as soon as possible.
You will be sent an invoice the day after you receive your order. The first time you order, you will be sent an invitation to set up a direct debit. Follow the steps. Once this is set up, payment will be collected automatically 5 days after you receive the invoice. Please let us know of any errors with the invoice so that we can change it before the payment is collected. After payment is collected, we can still issue credit notes for any mistakes.
*On occasion some of the products we order are not available so your final total may be less than your original order total.
Decommissioning; sharing the labour of division
Decom is when we divide up our collective haul into our separate rations ready for collection and delivery. We do this currently at the Dracaena Centre in Falmouth. If you would like to come and help with this, send an email to email@example.com