Fancy working for FFC or know someone who might?
We are seeking a new Grocery Assistant!
Job Title: Grocery Assistant- The Grocery, Falmouth Food Co-op
Start Date: October 2023 or asap
Location: This is a flexible working position.
Falmouth Food Co-op is a community interest company. It started as a Food Hub selling groceries with the aim of making good, healthy food available to all and supporting local non-industrial farmers. We then started Loveland and the Kitchen to celebrate and bring our local community together, running social eating events, workshops, and community events such as community planting days. To date our hard working kitchen volunteers have cooked and delivered over 50,000 free hot meals throughout the pandemic to the present day to those isolating and in need of support. Our Grocery arm is currently under a review process, consulting with our members and the wider public in order to develop a business model which is inclusive and sustainable.
Our key aims as an organisation are to provide access to healthy food for vulnerable people, improve mental well-being, reduce isolation and loneliness in our community, help build local resilience and support our local producers. We believe that it is about creating a collective appetite for change, imagining a joyful future and empowering people to make it happen together.
The main purpose of this job will be to support the Falmouth Food Co-op Grocery managers in the day to day running of the business, supporting the CIC during a period where we hope to grow our local reach and customer base.
● Receiving stock and managing stocktakes (MONDAY 11-2)
● Work as a key member of staff receiving fresh produce and packing orders during our weekly packing day (“decom”) (THURSDAY 8:30 - 7:30)
● Work with finance manager to create and maintain up to date records following packing day to ensure customer invoicing is accurate and efficient (FRIDAY 9-2)
● Liaise with grocery and kitchen co-ordinators to distribute stock between locations ● Assist co-manager to place weekly purchase orders for grocery customers and kitchen meal delivery project
● Assist co-manager to check and update information on products on the company website
Location : Falmouth, TR11 2PS (Dracaena Centre) and TR11 4AR (Princess Pavilions)
Working hours: 19 hours per week (may vary)
Rate of pay: £10.90 per hour (real living wage) + employee discount (10% off orders)
Monday 11am to 2pm (hours may vary) - Dracaena Centre, Falmouth
Thursday 8.30am to 7.30pm - Dracaena Centre, Falmouth
Friday 9am to 2pm (timing flexible) - home working
Closing date: 24th Sept
Interviews: 25th Sept
Onboarding and introduction to software and systems - 26th - 29th
Start date: 2nd Oct
For more information contact email@example.com
Applications in writing with covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!